1 PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
There are various types of information Smile Club collects whilst you use the Website and its related features. Some information collected identifies you directly and other information does not personally identify you. By using the Website, entering competitions, responding to questionnaires, making purchases and registering an account, Smile Club collects personal information (as defined in Act 2 of 2000, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) which information included, but is not limited to:
- Information relating to race, gender, marital status, age, physical and mental health and history, well-being, disability, religion, language, physical and employment address, identity number and employment status;
- Delivery address, email address, contact number, personal opinions and details of your medical service providers;
- Information about the computing equipment and software you make use of;
- Internet Protocol address, browsing habits, traffic data, click habits and other usage information using tracking technologies such as tracking beacons, cookies, flash cookies and the like;
- Certain information obtained from you may be that which relates to your health and medical information. In such circumstances, you acknowledge that it is obtained in order to assist in the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services.
By the using the Website and its related features you consent to the processing of all information collected from you and disclosed by you, including special information.
2 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
There are various ways in which Smile Club collects your personal information from you through the Website and related functionality including:
- Directly and voluntarily from you when you provide it to Smile Club through filling in online forms, questionnaires, competitions, subscriptions, studies, surveys, reporting problems with the Website and when registering an account with Smile Club.
- When you correspond with Smile Club, through the Website, its social media accounts and via all other electronic means;
- When making purchases on the Smile Club website;
3 SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Smile Club is not in the business of selling personal information. The Personal Information collected from you and supplied by you is shared with a limited group of third parties including:
- Your licenced Smile Club Approved Dental Professional (“SCADP”) and Oral Hygienists (including their employees);
- All third parties including, but not limited to, Smile Club employees, licenced dental technicians, related entities, dentists and orthodontists operating beyond the borders of the Republic of South Africa, affiliates, subcontractors and business associates involved in the provision, research and marketing of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services;
- Successors in title, assigns and affiliates of Smile Club;
- Where required by law, subpoena or court order, Smile Club may be required to disclose your personal information third parties.
4 WHAT SMILE CLUB DOES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Smile Club makes use of your personal information which you supply to us and which we collect about you in the following ways:
- In order to assist your SCADP and any third parties in the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services;
- In order to comply with any law, subpoena or court order;
- In order to enforce the rights of Smile Club (and its employees), SCADP, Oral Hygienists, licenced dental technicians and all parties involved in the provision, research and marketing of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services;
- To verify your identity;
- For marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, inviting you to events, informing you of promotions, sending you updates and newsletters (you may unsubscribe from our newsletter). Such information may be transferred to any marketing agency Smile Club makes use of;
- To provide the Website to you;
- To respond to queries;
- To notify you of changes or any other pertinent information;
- To improve services provided to you;
- To allow you to register an account and make online purchases;
- To analyse trends and statistics;
- To facilitate research and development in respect of Smile Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services.
5 PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Smile Club will take all reasonable and appropriate measures to secure the Personal Information collected from and disclosed by you. We make use of inter alia anti-virus software, encryption technologies and password protected screen savers.
It is to be noted however, Smile Club cannot guarantee complete safety of your Personal Information.
6 RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information which is collected from and provided by you is retained and maintained only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the objectives as enlisted in paragraph 4 (points 1 to 12 thereof) unless the retention of such information is permissible for a longer period by law.
7 MAINTENANCE AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
We wish to maintain the accuracy of all Personal Information collected and obtained from you. We may request that you confirm and update your personal information from time to time. You are able to update certain information by editing it via your online account.
Furthermore, you are able to request the disclosure and/or destruction of your personal information in accordance with the relevant laws of the Republic of South Africa.
8 PROMOTIONAL USAGE
Your attention is drawn to the fact that by providing your information, creating an online account, subscribing to our newsletters, entering competitions and participating in questionnaires, you consent to receiving promotional and marketing information via email, SMS and telephonically. You are able to opt out of such communications at any time.
9 INTERNATIONAL DISCLOSURE
As stated above, your Personal Information may be disclosed internationally in order assist in the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services. Such information is furthermore shared to such parties for the research and development purposes in respect of the aforesaid services and products.
The international parties involved may not be subject to the same laws as those pertaining to the processing of personal information in the Republic of South Africa and the level of protection of such information may be less than that in Republic of South Africa.
10 PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013 (“the Act”)
Your attention is drawn to the following:
- You may object at any time to the processing of Personal Information in terms of Section 11(1)(d) to (f) of the Act in the prescribed manner, on reasonable grounds relating your particular situation, unless legislation provides for such processing or for purposes of direct marketing other than direct marketing by means of unsolicited electronic communications as referred to in section 69 of the Act;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator, details of which are as follows:
316 Thabo Sehume Street,
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
- The failure to supply your Personal Information inhibits Smile Club, its successors in title and assigns, Smile Club’s business partners and other related entities from assisting SCADP from the provision of Aligners, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Retainers, Whitening Products and related services (as the case may be).
- Act 3 of 2013 may be viewed at http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/docs/InfoRegSA-POPIA-act2013-004.pdf
(Smile Club does not warrant the safety of the aforesaid link and the use thereof is at your own risk).
11 CONTACT DETAILS
Smile Club’s contact details are as follows:
145 Western Services Road
+27 87 807 8724